Tuesday, December 19, 2017

INTERVIEW: How one man is fighting to save the world's last living root bridges

INTRO What piqued your interest in botanical architecture? As long as I can remember, I’ve always had a strong interest in historical architecture. I love old forts, palaces, and ruins. Then, after travelling to Northeast India as part of a university study abroad in 2009, I became fascinated with the tribal cultures of that region. The root bridges at the time seemed like a sort of intersection of these two interests. But, frankly, before I visited the Khasi Hills, in the...

from Inhabitat - Green Design, Innovation, Architecture, Green Building https://inhabitat.com/interview-how-one-man-is-fighting-to-save-the-worlds-last-living-root-bridges
via Inhabitat

No comments:

Post a Comment